Please note below is the 2017 rule book, any minor changes for 2020 will be announced and published by April 1st.
We take a common sense approach with our rules and gear it to be fun, competitive and safe. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. There will be 3 classes of competition for 2017; OUTLAW, STREET, BIKE. Except for special events, all racing is handicapped by dial-in “Bracket” racing giving all competitors an equal chance to win, regardless of how fast or slow their vehicle is. Drag racing events feature a full tree and timing system, including time slips, E/T (elapsed time), R/T (reaction time), and MPH. Rules for each class are very simple and are geared more for safety than anything else. ALL rules apply to racers, crew members and spectators of any NESOS event.
ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE NESOS OFFICIAL TEAM ARE FINAL AND NON-APPELABLE. THIS RULE BOOK MAY BE CHANGED AT ANYTIME WITHOUT NOTICE IF NEEDED AND CHANGES WILL BE ANNOUCED AT EVENT.
- A) In the following rules you will see the term “stock OEM” used. This means “original equipment manufacturer”. These parts must come on a standard production car.
- B) The rules herein are for the NESOS only, with no expressed or implied agreement with any other Division or Speedway as to their interpretation and/or method of inspection.
- C) All equipment must be approved by NESOS officials. No equipment is considered to be approved by reason of having passed through a technical or safety inspection unobserved. No car will be considered as having passed inspection for the event until the finish is made official.
- D) All engine models, equipment changes, or modifications not specifically addressed in this rule book must be submitted to the NESOS for consideration of approval prior to competition.
- E) All equipment is subject to the approval of NESOS Officials.
- F) All rule changes and updates made during the course of the season for the current rulebook will be posted to the NESOS website (www.NEStreetOutlaws.com). This will serve as the only form of official notification until the publication of the 2018 NESOS rule book.